Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sense of Peacefulness

If you haven't already noticed, I have this obsession with snowboarding. There is something about it that nothing else can satisfy. Sitting up on this massive mountainside glancing down at what's before me brings a sense of peacefulness and purpose to my life. Whether its grinding a rail or soaring off 20 foot jumps, you feel as though all weight has been lifted and you sort of just drift off into your own little world. This image provokes that dream world to me. I like how the photographer took the photo in a reflection perspective rather than a straight on shot of the boarder grinding the rail. This image provokes a sense of actually being there and viewing what is actually happening through someone else's' eyes or goggles in this case. Weird angles and obscure perspectives are what separate a good photographer from an outrageously excellent one.

No comments:

Post a Comment