Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Never Forget

This is a picture, that I found while browsing Google, that really jumped out and really caught my attention. I came across this photo while looking up a brand called volcom stone. The thing I love about volcom is how they tend to focus on how to make things as abstract and obscure as possible.

To me this particular piece has a really strong use of the color yellow, as well as the two other primary colors (blue and red), and how it draws your attention to focus on a certain portion of the picture mainly the snowboarder on the left. This particular brand has a very unique way of getting its point across. One thing that I noticed while glancing at this picture was that their is a sense of calmness to the left of the portrait whereas to the right there is commotion, anxiety, adrenaline etc.. I believe that this portrait is simply trying to say to "Never Forget" what you have just accomplished, in other words your past is what makes up your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment